It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Overclocking and Benchmarking
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:48 pm 
Sacrificial Offering

Would anybody be interested in a e-peen fuelled benching effort at LanOTD XXIV? For any that missed out on the recent one at vLan03, it was quite a bit of fun. Although being jumped from the green team, and freaking out, and putting everything in my rig into "Suicide Mode", it was interesting to see what scores were put out.

Post subject: Re: Overclocking and Benchmarking
PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 7:09 pm 
someones keen!
i guess i could bring the bench along for some hwbot runs, as not sure how much ill have played with the new cpu/mobo in next few weeks, let alone done much xfire/trifire testing etc..
depends what the power is like at LOTD though, am sure itd be okay though, its not that much draw.

btw i gotta come grab my ram back off you sometime too

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:42 pm 
Harbinger Of Doom

ill be keen to have a look at what ur doing but i wont even bother competing.

my gear is to primitive to bother

core2 quad 6600 (best i got on that was 3.6ghz aircooled but im noob at OCing that was only volts and fsb tweaking dont know much about it to be honest)

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:08 pm 
Sacrificial Offering

awesomesauce wrote:
someones keen!
i guess i could bring the bench along for some hwbot runs, as not sure how much ill have played with the new cpu/mobo in next few weeks, let alone done much xfire/trifire testing etc..
depends what the power is like at LOTD though, am sure itd be okay though, its not that much draw.

btw i gotta come grab my ram back off you sometime too

Took me a while to figure out who you were then mate lol. Then I remembered you mentioning the name at vLan lol.

Darkomen - more than welcome to come have a peek. Q6600's are mostly good clockers. I had one for a bit and it was bloody woeful though. Back in my extremely noob days. Think off the top of my head I only got 3.6ghz out of that as well. Always good fun to see how your older gear benches up against newer gear though. I remember benching my i3-530 up against awesomesauce's i5-750 and constantly chasing his scores. Then the prick got a 2600K and left me loooong behind :p

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:00 pm 
taity here btw, forgot to log out of the missus account. have her signed up, shes going to be manning my file server/media box/light gamer machine

d1ng0d4n wrote:
Darkomen - more than welcome to come have a peek. Q6600's are mostly good clockers. I had one for a bit and it was bloody woeful though. Back in my extremely noob days. Think off the top of my head I only got 3.6ghz out of that as well. Always good fun to see how your older gear benches up against newer gear though.

love/hate relationship with my old q6600..
it was the worst clocking cpu ever, needed so much voltage just to get 3.6ghz, but it just refused to die.. intel dont build em like that anymore..
under a good CPU cooler though, think it had a TRUE120 heatsink with 2 fans, might have even had it under the water for a bit, dont remember.
it did 3.8ghz "suicide" runs though. didnt do many of those.. its been retired to someone in tasmania now, buyer was using it in a stock clocked server :)

d1ng0d4n wrote:
I remember benching my i3-530 up against awesomesauce's i5-750 and constantly chasing his scores. Then the prick got a 2600K and left me loooong behind :p

..then i got hold of the i3-530 and almost had you chasing it for a bit, lol

actually, heres a goal for my old 750, now its on a mobo that can power it..;
low 9 sec superpi 1M @ 4.77ghz
..shouldnt be too hard to catch :P

will sort out this 2600k mess tomorrow and hopefully be up and running soon.
still gotta sort out a PSU for my other PC aswell, thinking going the 750w strider like yours, looks the goods

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 8:57 am 
Sacrificial Offering

awesomesauce wrote:
actually, heres a goal for my old 750, now its on a mobo that can power it..;
low 9 sec superpi 1M @ 4.77ghz
..shouldnt be too hard to catch :P

will sort out this 2600k mess tomorrow and hopefully be up and running soon.
still gotta sort out a PSU for my other PC aswell, thinking going the 750w strider like yours, looks the goods

Yeah forever chasing you, ya bugger :p. Bloody good superpi run. Reckon I might catch it. Nearly smeg last night, got a MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD when I reset the network and restarted my computer. Rebooted again and all was fine (RAMs on stock anyway). Dunno when I'll get a chance to bench your RAM. Trying to do it sooner rather than later. Might be able to JUST break the superpi run :p

And yeah the Strider is definately up the ranks. Starting sleeving soon too.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]